EASY PALEO APPLESAUCE PROTEIN PANCAKES
3 ingredients. 10 minutes. And yes, they’re healthy.
Gone are the days when pancakes were just a sugar filled breakfast treat for the weekend! With these Easy Paleo Applesauce Protein Pancakes, you can now eat pancakes guilt-free because they’re made with just an egg, protein powder, and applesauce.
I know, it sounds too good to be true. And it gets even better!
You can make these pancakes from start to finish in 10 minutes. 10 MINUTES.
Seriously, it takes that long to make your morning omelette. So, instead of saving pancakes as a special weekend treat, whip ’em up before you head to work, and feel great knowing you’re eating a yummy breakfast and providing your body with a nutrient dense combination of protein, healthy fat, and carbohydrates!
Recipes like these Easy Paleo Applesauce Protein Pancakes are my favorite because they’re fast, efficient, and they fuel your body, which, if you’re a busy person, is exactly the type of recipe you need!
When you start your morning with this all important trifecta of protein, healthy fat, and carbs, the result is steady energy, a sharp mind, and feeling full and satisfied until your next meal. No mid-morning sugar crash, no “hangry,” no desire to take a nap on your laptop at your desk.
Set yourself up for success by fueling your body and mind with these Easy Paleo Applesauce Protein Pancakes!
Aaaaand because I know that affordability is right up there next to saving time, I’ve got a great discount for you on the protein powder I used to make these pancakes! I’ve been a huge fan of Primal Kitchen’s Primal Fuel since I went paleo, more than 3 years ago. I use their Coconut Vanilla Primal Fuel in every recipe that calls for protein powder because it tastes great and has the perfect texture to make baked goods taste like the real deal! And when you’re not feeling that fancy, Primal Fuel is also makes a delicious, thick, yummy protein shake that is a perfect meal replacement for busy people who don’t have time to sit down for a real meal.
So here goes: enter the promo code GROK15 at check out to receive 15% off anything on the Primal Kitchen website!
Easy. Quick. Cheap. I’ve got your back! Time for pancakes!
Start by cracking one pasture raised egg in to your bowl. Next measure 1/3 cup of Primal Kitchen Vanilla Coconut Primal Fuel and add to bowl. Then, save time and dish washing energy and use the same cup measure to measure 1/3 cup of Thrive Market Organic Cinnamon Applesauce.
Now whisk those 3 ingredients with a fork or whisk until evenly combined. Make sure you don’t have any clumps of protein powder hiding, ready to explode when you least expect it.
Heat your frying pan over low-medium heat and melt just enough grass-fed butter in the pan to lightly grease. You don’t want a puddle of butter in the pan or it will make for soggy pancakes. No one wants soggy pancakes.
Pour pancake batter in pan to form 3.5″ – 4″ circles (about the size of your fist). Or get creative with you pancake size. Go crazy. But the bigger the are, the harder they’ll be to flip. Cook for 4 minutes or until you start to see bubbles form in the batter around the edges of the pancakes. Then flip ’em!
Give your pancakes another 2 minutes to cook on the other side and then relocate them to your plate! Repeat the process for your left over batter. And then, it’s time to top and EAT.
EASY PALEO APPLESAUCE PROTEIN PANCAKES
Required Equipment: bowl, whisk or fork, 1/3 cup measure, frying pan, spatula
- 1 pasture raised egg
- 1/3 cup Primal Kitchen’s Vanilla Coconut Primal Fuel protein powder
- 1/3 cup organic cinnamon applesauce
- Grass-fed butter or coconut oil (for pan)
- Toppings: maple syrup, grass-fed butter, coconut cream, shredded coconut, blueberries, in season fruit from your local farmer’s market – your choice!
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Whisk ingredients with fork or whisk until evenly combined.
- Heat frying pan on stove top over low/medium heat.
- Grease frying pan with butter or coconut oil – only enough to coat pan!
- Once butter is starting to form small bubbles, pour pancake batter in to frying pan to form 2.5″-3″ pancakes.
- Cook for 4 minutes or until you see bubbles start to form in the batter at the edges of the pancakes.
- Flip pancakes and cook on other side for 2 minutes.
- Remove finished pancakes to plate!
- Repeat steps 5-8 with remaining batter, BUT pancakes will likely cook faster so set timer for 2 minutes on the first side and 1 minute on the 2nd side.
- Add desired toppings to your stack o’ flapjacks and fuel up!
Pin this Easy Paleo Applesauce Protein Pancake recipe for later!
Disclaimer: I love sharing all this free content with you, but it does cost me money. I want you to know I may make a small percentage off the products I link to, but I will only ever share products that I truly believe in and use in my own kitchen. So I would greatly appreciate your support by using my links if you plan on purchasing any of these awesome products!